The outer cloth
The outer layer of the yurt is made of two layers of canvas fabric. The second layer is a thick white canvas fabric. On this canvas fabric a lighter canvas fabric is placed with decorative motifs. This fabric can be washed in an extra large washing machine. It is possible to place a water repellent but vapour permeable layer of Polytex Pro under these two canvas layers (check our webshop for detailed information).
There are a variety of different types of fabric for the second layer (green army canvas or thick white canvas fabric) and there are various decorations for the outer fabric. The most commonly used colours are red, blue and green, though other colours are available on request. In addition to the standard decorative materials, there are also cloths with extra decorations, or, if you would like, your own design. More information can be found under the "FAQ" page.
What exterior fabric combinations are possible?
Some yurt providers offer different types of truck canvas: easy to clean, no impregnation needed, durable and waterproof, but with one big drawback: this canvas is impermeable. Therefore the moisture in the yurt is not able to diffuse through the cloth and it will show this only when it is too late: the felt gets moist (you do not notice it immediately...) and sooner or later you will notice a typical smell of sheep. Eventually grey mould will appear on the inner cloth. Then it's too late and you will have to replace all layers.
That's why we offer the following 3 options:
- For summer use only, use this combination of cloths: white thick canvas fabric (inside and outside impregnated with Ultramar canvas and cotton Protector), and above this a lighter canvas fabric (impregnate the inside with Ultramar canvas and cotton Protector and impregnate the outside with Ultramar parasol & Marquis Protector UV-resistant).
- If the yurt is used outdoors on a year-round basis: thick white canvas fabric (inside and outside impregnated with Ultramar canvas and cotton Protector), and above here a lighter canvas fabric (impregnate the inside with Ultramar canvas and cotton Protector and impregnate the outside with Ultramar parasol & Marquis Protector UV-resistant).
- For living in the yurt year round: use this combination of cloths: Polytex pro membrane sheet (windproof/waterproof and vapor-open) and a thick white canvas fabric (inside and outside impregnated with Ultramar canvas and cotton Protector) and on top of it a lighter canvas fabric (impregnate the inside with Ultramar canvas and cotton Protector and impregnate the outside with Ultramar parasol & Marquis Protector UV-resistant).
Down along the bottom of the walls of the yurt we can offer a special apron. This apron is available in the same colours as the decoration of the outer fabric. But as standard a 20 cm longer outer cloth is offered instead of a skirt. This cloth is tucked under the walls, thus protecting the felt against moisture.
Do you love to have the door open, but you do not want rain to fall in your yurt?
What about an extra roof, and maybe add some woodcarvings as a real specialty?
Standard outer cloth decorated with white decoration: decorated with blue decoration:
Standard outer cloth decorated with red decoration: decorated with green decoration:
Outer cloth with additional decorations and colours:
Or something completely different?
Bel voor een woonkwaliteit yurt +31 (0) 6 45484803
Of mail naar : email@example.com
Welk impregnatie middel moet ik gebruiken?
Voor onze poly-canvas regendoeken gebruiken wij Ultramar Canvas & Cotton Protector
- Maakt waterdicht en vuilafstotend
- Beschermt katoenen tent, vouwwagentent, safaritent, tipi tent, legertent
- Speciaal voor katoen, canvas en linnen tentdoek
Voor onze decoratie doeken gebruiken wij Sprayhood & Tent Protector?
- Maakt waterdicht en vuilafstotend
- Beschermt tent, cabriodak, bootkap, bootkussens, zonwering etc.
- Minder gevoelig voor schimmels en algen